Continuing Education (UTMSPACE)
|Academic Manager UTMSPACE [FKM]
Mohd Yunus bin Abdullah
Administrative Assistant (Secretarial/PA)
|Admin Assistant (Secretarial) N27
Sharipah Zainab Binti Syed Mansor
E-07 Level 4 ( Wing A )
Whether you are a current student pursuing a degree, a working
professional looking to enhance your career, or an adult learner who simply wishes to enrich your life, the quality of UTM instruction is within your reach.
Through the School of Professional and Continuing Education (UTMSPACE), UTM opens its doors and offers its abundant resources to learners of all ages. No matter where you are, UTMSPACE is likely to offer a course, conference or program to meet your needs. Our doors are always open.
Training and preparing graduates to become Professional Engineers to fulfil the needs of the nation.
It is the responsibility of FME to continuously upgrade the current field through research, advanced training, seminar, publication, and courses. FME's curriculum was formed to produce technologists and engineers who possess the following attributes:
• Complete faith in the Creator.
• Responsible towards the society and the nation.
• frame of thinking which enables the gathering of ideas in a
systematic manner, the verification of facts, and the production of
logical conclusions which are then used in an effective manner.
• Willingness and ability to accept and carry out responsibilities and to
• Ability to present ideas and results.
FME offers one programme on a part-time basis:-
• Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical)
• UTM Skudai Campus, Johor Bahru
• UTM City Campus, Kuala Lumpur
* Kota Kinabalu
Classes are conducted on weekends (Saturday and Sunday).
Fulfil the University's General Requirements and the Programme's Specific Requirements.
University's General Requirements
• Pass Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or its equivalent with a
distinction in Malay Language (Bahasa Melayu/Bahasa Malaysia)
• Possess a Diploma or other equivalent qualifications acknowledged
by the Government of Malaysia and approved by the University's
• Sat for the Malaysian University English Test (MUET).
Programme's Specific Requirements
1.Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical)
• Possess a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from UTM/ with a
CGPA of at least 2.70 or
• Candidates who obtained a CGPA of less than 2.70 but have at least
2 years of working experience in the field being applied are also
eligible to apply.
- Pass with distinction in Mathematics at the SPM/equivalent level
- with at least a C grade in one of the Mathematics subjects at the Diploma level
- Do not have any health problems that may affect their studies.
Candidates are required to send in complete Diploma examination results (from the first semester till the final semester) to UTM SPACE.
Candidates are also required to send in a copy of the Diploma or the Confirmation of Graduation letter.
The year of entry and actual duration of study are subject to the number of credit exemptions approved by UTM.
For more information, please contact:
Mr. Mohd Yunus bin Abdullah
Head of External Programme
Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
UTM, Skudai, 81310 Johor.
Tel: +60 7 5534861
and visit our SPACE website at http://www.spaceutm.edu.my/.Edit