Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering - SUNY Buffalo, New York
M.Sc in Combustion & Energy Studies - University of Leeds
B.Sc. in Aeronautical Engineering - Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Florida
High-speed combustion phenomena: pulse and supersonic reactive waves, gas dynamics, shock waves and turbulent combustion phenomena. Practical and fundamental aspects of deflagration and detonation combustion phenomena.
Thermodynamics and energy studies.
Heat transfer enhancement.
Visit the High Speed Reacting Flow Research Laboratory (HiREF) for further details
1. Seyed E. Hosseini and Mazlan A. Wahid, Necessity of Biodiesel Utilization as a Source of Renewable Energy in Malaysia, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 16 (2012) 5732–5740.
2. Hassan I. Kassem, Khalid M. Saqr, Mohsin M. Sies and Mazlan A. Wahid, Integrating a Simplified P-N Radiation Model with EdmFOAM 1.5: Model Assesment and Validation, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer (2012). 39 (5), p. 697-704.
3. Khalid M. Saqr, Hassan I. Kassem, Aly H.S., and Mazlan A. Wahid, Computational Study of Decaying Annular Vortex Flow using the Rε/k - ε Turbulence Model, Applied Mathematical Modelling 36 (2012) 4652–4664.
4. Kassem, H.I., Saqr, K.M., M.A. Wahid, Implementation of the eddy dissipation model of turbulent non-premixed combustion in OpenFOAM. International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, 38 (2011) 363 – 367.
5. Saqr, K.M., H.S. Aly, M.M. Sies, and M.A. Wahid, Computational and Experimental Investigations of Turbulent Asymmetric Vortex Flames. International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, 38 (2011) 353 – 362.
6. Saqr, K.M., H.S. Aly, H.I. Kassem, M.M. Sies, and M.A. Wahid, Computations of Shear Driven Vortex Flow in a Cylindrical Cavity Using a Modified k-e Turbulence Model. International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, 2010. 37(8): p. 1072-1077.
7. Saqr, K.M., H.S. Aly, M.M. Sies, and M.A. Wahid, Effect of Free Stream Turbulence on NOx and Soot Formation in Turbulent Diffusion CH4-Air Flames. International Communications on Heat and Mass Transfer, 2010. 37 (6): p. 611-617.
8. Saqr, K.M., M.A. Wahid, M.M. Sies, and H. Ujir, High-Speed Schlieren Photography of Gaseous Explosions. International Journal of Mechanical and Materials Engineering (2010) 5 (2), p. 152-162
9. Khalid M. Saqr, Nor Azwadi C. Sidik and Mazlan A. Wahid, Theoretical Notes on the Mathematical Modelling of Gaseous Detonations Using Boltzmann Equation, Journal in Applied Science, Elsevier, Journal of Applied Sciences 10 (14) , pp. 1476-1480, 2010
10. Saqr, K.M., H.S. Aly, and M.A. Wahid, and M.M. Sies, Numerical Simulation of Confined Vortex Flow Using a Modified k-epsilon Turbulence Model. CFD Letters, 2009. 1(2): p. 87-94.