|Name : Mohd Shafiek Yaacob
Professional Qualification :
- PhD of Mechanical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
- Master of Mechanical Engineering, Rice University, USA
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Texas Tech University, USA
Professional Membership :
- Registered with Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)
Areas of Research :
- Modeling and Identification of Dynamic Systems
- Control Engineering
Selected Publications (5) :
- Intelligent Systems
- Teaching and Learning Aids for the Visually Impared
- Che Omar, M.B., Ahmad, R. and Yaacob, M.S., (2008), ‘Kinematics Modeling of Human Motion using System Identification Techniques’, Proceeding of the Asia Modeling Symposium 2008, Kuala Lumpiur, TRACK F-4.
M. Hussein, M. S. Yaacob, M. Z. Md Zain., (2011), ‘Kinematic Analysis of Powered Lower Limb Orthoses for Gait Rehabilitation of Hemiplegic and Hemiparetic Patients’, International Journal of Mathematical Models and Methods in Applied Sciences, 5(3): 490-498.
- M. F. Abd Samad, H, Jamaluddin, R. Ahmad, M. S. Yaacob, Abul K. M. Azad., (2011), ‘Deterministic Mutation-Based Algorithm for Model Structure Selection in Discrete-Time System Identification’, International Journal of INTELLIGENT CONTROL AND SYSTEMS, 16(3): 182-190.
- M.F. Abd Samad, H. Jamaluddin, R. Ahmad, M.S. Yaacob, A.K.M. Azad., (2013), ‘Effect of Penalty Function Parameter in Objective Function of System Identification’, International Journal of Automotive and Mechanical Engineering (IJAME)’, Volume 7, pp. 940-954.
- Z. M. Yusop, M. Z. Md. Zain, M. Hussein, A. As’arry, A. R. Musa, M. S. Yaacob, M.S. Ammoo., (2013), ‘Implementation of Evolutionary Optimization Techniques in Tuning PID Parameters for Tremor Patient Active Assistive Writing Device’, ‘INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SYSTEMS APPLICATIONS, ENGINEERING & DEVELOPMENT’, Issue 4, Volume 7, pp 183-190.
Research Grants Received :
- 2007, ‘Harnessing Cooling Effects from a Portable Thermo-acoustic Refrigeration System’, FRGS, RM173,000.
- 2010, ‘Electronic Braille Al-Quran Teaching Aid’, DAGS, RM1,900,000.
- 2013, 'Electronic Braille Teaching and Learning Solution', KPWPM, RM2,500,000.
Consultancy Involvements :
Past Working Experience(S) :
- 1988: Lecturer
- 2005: Senior Lecturer
- 2007: Assoc. Professor
Teaching Experience (List Of Courses Taught) :
- Control Engineering
- Programming for Engineers
- Applied Numerical Methods
- Modeling of Dynamic Systems